Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Enslaved to the Gospel of Liberty

I had the honor of preaching the sermon for the annual meeting of the Central Association of Kentucky Baptists yesterday. I chose a text that was very formative in my own understanding of God's calling on my life as a minister of the gospel. As I began to study the text again, the effect on me was profound. I was challenged, encouraged, and reminded of many things that have been and will be of great value to me in the ministry.

If you are called to gospel ministry, then I hope this message will be used by the Spirit of God to convict you as he used the text to convict me. May our ministries reflect that of the apostle Paul. If you are a layperson, there is application for you too. All of us are called of Jesus Christ to be a witness with the gospel. The principles of gospel ministry should apply in many ways to your own gospel witness with family, friends, co-workers, and the rest of the watching world.

1 Thessalonians 2:1-4 -- Enslaved to the Gospel of Liberty

** Clicking the link will open the audio message in your default media player. If you wish to download the message, right click on it and choose "save target as" (Internet Explorer) or "save link as" (Firefox).**

No comments: