Friday, September 25, 2009

Friendly Debate, Important Issue

Few issues in theology have more personal and practical implications than the doctrine of divine providence (what the Bible teaches about the nature of God's control over the world). And yet few issues in theology are more difficult to comprehend.

I was recently asked by one of my closest friends (and the youth pastor at our church), Kris Foster, how I would respond to a certain article about the nature of God's control over the world. The article in question can be read here.

I responded to the article, sending my thoughts to Kris. I encouraged him to post a response to the article because he knew the man who wrote it. Using my critique of the article and adding some insight of his own, Kris composed a reply and posted it here.

If this subject is of interest to you, you might benefit from reading the original article along with mine and Kris's response. There are some comments under our response that continue the discussion a bit as well. Read, think, enjoy, worship. It's a tough subject. At the end of the day, let God be true though every man a liar!

No comments: